References to Community 21 Ltd, us, we and our are references to Community 21 Ltd ABN 79 097 612 416 and its related bodies corporate.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD
We collect personal information that is necessary for our functions and activities. Whenever it is reasonable and practical to do so, we collect information about you directly from you. In some cases, we collect personal information from third parties including public sources, our related companies, your adviser(s) and recruitment agencies and job applicant referees.
We collect personal information about you which is reasonably necessary to:
- provide you with products or services;
- consider applications and approaches you make to us;
- maintain your contact details; and
- fulfil our legal obligations under applicable laws and rules, such as those relating to taxation and Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing.
We generally hold personal information relating to:
- the products and services we provide or have provided to you;
- your name, contact details and identification information (including tax file numbers);
- records of our interactions with you, including by telephone, email and online; and
- your enquiries or complaints.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use and disclose your personal information for purposes related to the main purpose for which the information was collected, where you have consented to the use or disclosure, or where otherwise authorised by law. These purposes may include processing applications, carrying out or responding to your requests, improving our services, communicating with you, assessing your suitability for positions with Community 21 Ltd, purposes relating to any third party acquisition or potential acquisition of an interest in Community 21 Ltd, or assets of Community 21 Ltd or any other purposes outlined at the time you provide the information. We may not be able to do these things without your personal information. For example, we may not be able to contact you or offer employment to you.
We may provide personal information about you to:
- service providers who assist us in providing our services and operating our business, including, but not limited to, organisations that assist us with registry, archival, research, mail and delivery, auditing, recruitment, payroll, superannuation, insurance, management consulting, financial and legal advisory, banking, security and technology services in their capacity as service providers to Community 21 Ltd;
- where relevant, prospective employers and recruitment agencies who request verbal or written references in relation to current or former Community 21 Ltd personnel;
- if you are an investor, your custodian, investment advisers, brokers and asset consultants; and
- other third parties where required or authorised by law, which may include emergency situations and assisting government agencies.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to request access to any personal information we hold about you and to request that information be corrected. To make such a request, please contact us using the details set out below. We ask that you provide us with as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek, in order to help us retrieve it. An access fee may be charged where permitted by law. In certain circumstances, we may not be required by law to provide you with access or to correct your personal information. If that is the case, we will give you our reasons for that decision.
We take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use security procedures and technology to protect the information we hold. Access to and use of personal information within Community 21 Ltd seeks to prevent misuse or unlawful disclosure of the information.
If other organisations provide support services, we require them to appropriately safeguard the privacy of the information provided to them. Where the personal information we collect is no longer required, we delete the information or permanently de-identify it.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR USERS OF OUR WEBSITE
If you visit our website to read, browse or download information, our system may record information such as the date and time of your visit to the website, the pages accessed and any information downloaded. This information is used for statistical, reporting and website administration and maintenance purposes only.
While we take great care to protect your personal information on our website, unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online. This is particularly true for information you send to us via email. We have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security in our possession.
The website may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of those sites.
PO Box 585, Corrimal, NSW 2518 Telephone +61 2 4255 8433 Facsimile +61 2 4255 8420
Policy updated 16 June 2014.